Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bringing it all Together

Updating the kitchen has been a long process for me, my followers have been very patient as I very slowly make progress and I thank you!!!  I am happy to say that I have finally reached what I would say is 98% completion.  With only one small wall to paint and shelve, I am relieved to report that the main part of the kitchen is FINISHED!!!  


The two big projects seem so small now, in retrospect.  The wall shelves and window trim and sill.  But deciding on wood, hardware, style and budgeting for it seemed to drag on.


The back-splash is also done!  I decided on simple 3.5 inch pine for the window trim and 4 inch for the sill.  I still need to insert inner trim around the edges.

I think it all came together rather nicely - but mostly how I wanted it.  Here is a before and after view.

before
after
 In the future I would like to replace the large appliances for size appropriate ones.



It's finally got a "finished" look!  I wold say that the total cost for paint, shelves, hardware, and curtains was under $200.







It's a wonderful feeling when you complete something all on your own.  Pride of ownership, pride of workmanship.

You're not seeing the left side of the kitchen just yet as that is the last small wall to paint and shelve.  But just to the left of the cabinet in the picture above, is a counter and wall space - I'm eager to get this done!



So now the "look" is complete.  What do you think?
You can click on any of the images and scroll through them for a larger view.

4 comments:

  1. I love how light and bright it is, Jeni! That must be so nice out there in the woods (in the dark and rainy Pacific NW!). It looks like it would be a real pleasure to work in that space. Everything is handy. I love that minimalist, spacious, uncluttered look. Congrats on a job well done! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks wonderful!!! You did an amazing job. I love the tile work. Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts