Saturday, July 3, 2021

Greenhouse Chronicles

 I seem to have forgotten I had a blog.  Spring and summer came without warning and I'm still working my day job too much.  However, I have gotten plants started in the greenhouse!  My first season, so don't laugh.  I have chili peppers, bell peppers, strawberries, one eggplant, tomatoes and carrots inside.  Squashes and beans were started here and then moved out to the patio.

I had to get a tarp for the top as it was just too hot early on and it has saved the plants!  I adjust it so it can pulled up or down.  Recently we had 101 temps here which is highly unusual and I pulled it all the way over.  It still hit 112 inside with the door open but they all survived.

I have a fat, happy alligator lizard living inside who keeps the bug population down.  I put in a fan at one point, but it seemed overkill so I removed it, no one noticed, they continued to thrive.

So here's the line up as of today, July 3rd.






 I think next year I shall only use it to start plants in and then move them out.  I feel I'm on a never ending loop of watering, tarp adjusting and opening and closing the door.

2 comments:

  1. I just love your place...i also live in a vintage mobil..i was just wondering if you remember the name of the paint you have on the outside of mobil...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I do not know. I think you can match it pretty close though with some standard green selections. It's usually available.

      Delete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts