Saturday, January 23, 2021

Greenhouse Update

 

Well this is a little embarrassing.  I promised another post on the progress of the greenhouse (back in August of 2020!) and then didn't follow through.  What can I say, life gets in the way.

So here it is.  

By September of 2020 I had the shelving I ordered and installed it.  I needed to do a little configuring and clever tactics for installing them to get the best of use of not only the shelves but the space inside.
 
Because the structure sits on top of a row of cinder blocks, there is several inches of space that is lost if the shelves are placed on the floor.  So on one side I installed them on the blocks themselves and the inside side is elevated on additional blocks, as shown here.



This is also the wall that will get the most sunlight in the growing season! 

The other side is installed on the floor.


As the weeks went on I added and subtracted items, deciding what would be stored here for winter.
In the end it worked out perfectly to use as a semi storage unit over winter.





It's been a lot of fun to just go in there and "be".  I have been thinking about what I'll start and what I'll grow in 2021. 
Stay tuned, hopefully I won't be gone as long this time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts