Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Nature Wakes


At last sweet nature is waking up!
This lilac tree is one of my first to show her buds.


The day lilies began popping up weeks ago.  I always worry it will snow again and crush them, but they're pretty hardy and usually recover.


These daffodils are about eight inches tall and have only begun blooming just last year after years of only coming to this stage.  Odd.  But it could be my elevation, dafs have just never done very well here.

I'm not big on domestic flowers, as you can tell by my very modest surroundings.  I mostly enjoy the natural and wild things.

This year I decided to clear out behind the wood shed, open up that area and use the back for garden tool storage.

I also bought a new garden cart without air type wheels or too much metal!  They always rust and the tires go first.  So back to basics with this Smart Cart from Ace Hardware.

I also purchased a shelf type portable greenhouse and a contained composter!!


These are temporarily in the back of the house.
This composting unit has allowed me to finally do what I've wanted for years, eliminate the open compost in the yard.  It was always just too inviting to uninvited wildlife!  This unit is small, about 30 gallons, so it will take a little more work but worth it.  It easily turns in place for faster breakdown.

I am working on an enclosed area out front for a small vegetable garden.  It's already fenced and the containers are picked out for the plants.  Photos as it progresses.

What are you working on this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts