Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Inviting Spring Bedroom Makeover


After that snowstorm I was ready for some color!  
I'd been thinking about reclaiming the original bedroom here but have also enjoyed using it for storage and projects, not to mention the room I'd been sleeping in is closer to the wood stove.  

I began with a fantastic piece of art that I had my eye on for some time.  I love all of Mike Kraus' art pieces, but the birch series are my favorite.  This piece (in the photo) was at the top of my list and I knew the wall color should accent it.

I ordered the print and frame and picked up the paint chip samples I thought would work.  When the print arrived I was able to easily choose the color for that one wall, where there are two windows.

There was prep work to be done, including finishing the window sill woodwork and painting it a very light grey.

I also installed new mini blinds and would later choose a temporary room darkening drape.

But first let's roll through some before photos.



This was the state of that room even at the halfway point!  Before this I had a large old TV on this wall sitting on an old heavy cabinet.
So all this stuff had to go - out - somewhere. Needless to say my living room was a bit crowded for a few days.

Next came the prep work.



Now for wall color.  This is a very light purple, or dusty lavender.



 Then the windowsills were painted and installed along with the new mini blinds.


I painted the nightstand I used in the other room, once yellow, now a light grey.


And the finished look is perfect considering I also have a shade of lavender carpeting.



I have since learned that this shade of lavender goes really well with other colors such as light green and darker grey, of which I also have sheets sets in both!  

I'm really happy how this turned out.  I'm sticking with white or possibly light grey on the other wall and a low key print.  The opposite wall is a large shelf, and the other wall is the closet.

This was a great project, fun and very affordable! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts