Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Simple Gifting


The Huckleberry Hollow Holidays wouldn't be complete if I didn't share a little advice about my simple life.

Simple Gifting I think represents well thought out choices.  Gifts that are long lasting, educational or functional.  Gifts that will not end up in the landfill in less than a year, or donated.
We have enough thrift stores and landfills, what we need are better choices.

Get the stuff that really matters;  your time, repairs, favors.  Home made gift certificates for a home repair or visit or home cooked meal are so much more well received, it shows you care.

Functional gifts such as fermenting kits, dehydrators, slow cookers, energy saving and functional! 
How about a recipe book for healthy meals, or any how-to book. 

So what's on your wish list this year?

Here's mine:

*  Home fermenting kit
* A handyman that cares
* More firewood
* A raised bed garden


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, I just discovered your blog. I love your simple bu meaningful idea of giving something like a service or meal. You gave me an idea, to give some gift certificates to paint a room or do some
    cleaning. I will also bake some goodies, especially for bachelors and older people. Merry Christmas! I'll be back to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! And thanks for stopping by! I love your ideas.

      Delete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts