Sunday, December 10, 2017

Winter Solstice

It's almost my favorite time of year!  The Winter Solstice.  It's magical, mystical and hopeful.
The return of the sun!


Here's an old pic from when this blog was called the New Pioneer Diary.  It's a true symbolization of how the sun moves across the sky here.  Yes, at this time of year that's just how low it is - it moves just above the hill, through the trees.  It teases me with peek-a-boo glimpses of light throughout the day.

It's OK, I am patient and I know that it won't be long before the plants begin to wake up and get ready for another season.  The sun will rise (literally!) and I shall enjoy full daylight again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts