Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bathroom Makeover

In the winter of 2008 I got snowed in and decided it was time to start that paint project in the bathroom.  Fortunately I already had the paint and wallpaper trim and a plan in mind.
This is what I started with:



Your basic bathroom.  Not too bad looking, but not very exciting either.  I could never figure out why the medicine cabinet was over the toilet... let alone with a mirror.  The walls were textured, so without the expertise of replacing them, I decided to just paint over them and go with the texture.





I moved the medicine cabinet over the sink, for starters.  I went with a beachy surf scene, summer feel.  The wallpaper border is hard to adhere to textured walls, FYI, so I don't advise it.  Later I added a fun wooden trim which helps keep it in place anyway.  All these shots are before the final trim work.



 I found a terrific shower curtain that matched the theme, and brought in these wooden crates to fill that weird space above the furnace enclosure.



OK, so here is the "trim" along the wallpaper borders, as well as the rest of the room.  I tend to be unconventional, so plain pine wood seemed to fit the look and feel of a beach bath house.

2 comments:

  1. Love everything you have done to the bathroom! Your creativity is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts