Monday, November 8, 2021

Kitchen Table Rehab

 I have enjoyed my homemade kitchen table / work benches.  I have one in the studio and one in the kitchen.  But this year I had an idea to enlarge the top with some cool old reclaimed wood.  

Here is the before photo with the plain pine table top.


Great as a work bench but I wanted to take it a step further.  First, I removed the pine top.

I cut the boards so the table top would be a bit wider and not as long.  Then I placed them on top with a slight gap between them and screwed them in place to the outer frame.



The wood is beautifully weathered!

But I still wanted more.  So I painted the unfinished pine legs with a flat grey, then later with a flat white for a shabby chic finish.  The shelves are white. 

I purchased an industrial pipe style towel rack for the end too.

This was a fun and rewarding project, and cost no more than a small can of paint. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts