Saturday, November 9, 2019

My Summer Vacation

October is my favorite month to get out and see my area, the Pacific Northwest.  While my day job doesn't allow me to get away for more than three days at a time, I still make the best of it.
This year I made three trips, but only one overnighter.  Well, not counting the trip out to the coast to meet up with family in August.

In early October I acquired some new camera gear and was eager to use it.  My first trip was to Port Townsend where I knew I could click away in some beautiful scenery on a clear day.
I visited the Fort Worden State Park and headed out to the Point Wilson lighthouse.  There were some lovely wispy clouds adding textures to my images.  I had a great time.

Point Wilson Lighthouse




Old bunkers at Fort Worden

 Next trip a couple weeks later was up beyond Port Angeles to Salt Creek Park and surroundings.  I had never been here before so this day trip took some planning, a picnic basket and a map.
I enjoyed seeing some new sights and driving a highway I'm pretty sure I've never traveled.
There are old bunkers here too and some impressive shoreline, unfortunately the tide was coming in so I missed walking along the beaches for better shots.  But I did get these.

Salt Creek campground



Salt Creek beach
My main trip was out to the coast for my annual trek up to Ruby Beach.  I usually stay in Moclips at a place that overlooks the ocean.  The next day I drive up around the Quinault Reservation, past the Lake Quinault Lodge and then back out to the coast.  Those first beaches are breathtaking!  Kalaloch, Beach 1, 2, 3 and 4, then Ruby.  I usually start there and work my way back.
The fog was just lifting after a very stormy night.  
Here are some shots of Ruby.






A nice long walk down the beach and back, then lunch out of the back of my car overlooking the beach.

Next stop Beach 4.  This has a long and winding trail down to the beach, lots of steps, not for the out of shape.  By this time of day the light was playing peek-a-boo through the trees and ferns, it was so magical!  I tried to get a few shots of that as well as the beach.
Here is Beach 4.








It was a great day.  The drive to and from the condo is about an hour and a half each way, so it was an all day trip.
Happy to get back before dark and enjoy a fire in the fireplace and almost a sunset (clouds rolled in).
Drove home the next day.

All of these images are available on my website at www.jenigrayphotography.com and some of them are available on my new boutique site at https://jenigrayphotography.shootproof.com .  

At home I have been working with the new camera and lenses.  We are getting used to each other.  I've done some still life work indoors which is pretty flat right now, but I know where I'm going with it.  Here are the beginnings.





So as you can see, my life has pretty much been all about the new gear!  But this month (November) I rolled up my sleeves and got caught up on all the Fall yard work.

Next week I'm having the energy audit done through the Community Action.  This will determine what my energy uses and needs are.  Then, at some point in the near future, I'll be getting some work done to insulate and fix leaks.  I'll be sure and write about that as it happens.

Hope this finds you all gearing up for the holidays.

***All Images Copyright 2019 - All Rights Reserved.  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts