Saturday, September 28, 2019

Mobile Home Skirting Blues

Sometimes you just can't afford to replace stuff, so I always try to find the next best remedy.  Usually it's paint!  This time it was just what I needed to freshen up the yellowing skirting.

It's been over ten years since I painted the house, so it's no wonder it was starting to look ragged.  Especially the places where there aren't any gutters overhead.  I imagine years of rain splashing mud up on the skirting has discolored it.

So here's what it was looking like.



Yuck, right?  Well I had this great idea to paint it the color of the trim, instead of the house color, just to add a little life.  Well, let me tell you how hard it is to match ten year old paint!  But I only got it wrong once before I decided to take in a sample of the trim color (luckily I still had it).
A couple of nice afternoons and two coats of paint, and wala!



So the winterizing has begun here.  Wrapping up some outdoor projects like treating the roof moss and cleaning the chimney and awning.
The front porch mudroom is cleaned out and the snow shovel is handy (not like last February when I had to wade through the snow to get to the shed, lol).
The firewood is in, stacked and covered.  I'll be wrapping up the hoses in October and winterizing the outdoor faucets.  It could be an early winter for us as our mountains are already getting their first snow!!  That's about one or two months early.

Hope you all are enjoying your end of season wrap.
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts