Saturday, June 9, 2018

How Time Flies: Spring Update

Many, many apologies to my readers for my absence.  I honestly didn't realize it had been two whole months since my last post!  And the last couple of them haven't even been about my place.

I do not know if I can make up for it, but I can recap some of what I've been up to.

The door to nowhere finally has steps!  This sat undone for almost a year after a friend and I took down the old dry rot porch.
I also painted the side of the garden shed a light green, although pictured here is just the white primer.

I have been out in the yard doing whatever presents itself as far as weeding and maintenance goes.  It's been a lovely cool Spring here, just like we like it!

I'm thinking about some artistic paint projects for when it finally quits raining, like a couple of fun murals on the garden shed walls.  I also found some lovely yellow paint I'd like to add on the house for accent color.

I'm building a very small deck off another back door that will require some design tweaks for the steps, stay tuned!  I will also add some potted plants back there as it gets great summer sun.

I think my front porch / mud room will hold up a while longer.  It's not settling anymore and the structure seems sound.  The dry rot was replaced a couple years ago and the steps and deck are new.
Robynne if you're reading this, I lost your email!  Contact me, I'm curious as to how your mudroom is going.

 Last week the majestic Pileated woodpecker stopped by to devour an old piece of log I had sitting around.  What an amazing bird!  I did also get a shot of him on the tree.


 Well it's a great day to stay in by the fire while it pours outside.  Hope you're having a good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts