Sunday, November 26, 2017

Future Plans

Sitting here sipping Turmeric tea at the end of November and wondering what to do here at Huckleberry Hollow next year.
Many things could make the list!  I have never added insulation to the floor, walls or ceiling.  I haven't upgraded the siding.  I'd love to install propane for heating and cooking.

While these things seem important and overwhelming, I can feel good about already having double pane vinyl windows, new outside doors, an added slider and of course the 9x25 addition.
All of the electrical and plumbing was upgraded when the trailer was installed here in 1998.  But the next owner did a kind of makeshift connection for a washer and dryer, so that should be upgraded at some point. 

Carpets and flooring could be replaced, but the walls look pretty good.  I've painted and added trim. 

These days I spend my time outdoors working in the yard since I can't seem to make any more progress inside.  Financing is an issue and then there's finding the right people to do the work.

I wonder how much longer I want to buy, stack and haul firewood.  The electric furnace would never keep it warm enough inside, so I must keep going till another heat source is decided on.

One reaches a point where you wonder if all your efforts are worthwhile on an old place like this.  But I know tons of people who love their vintage trailers and wouldn't give them up for anything.

Here are a few shots from over the years.































No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts