Friday, July 29, 2016

Skirting the Issue Part II

I am carrying on with this fun new way of enclosing the gaps around my place.
This time it is the structure I call the mudroom, or front porch.  It was built as an addition to the mobile home and works well as a porch.

Previously it was enclosed with plywood - which of course began to rot over the years and was a perfect breeding ground for mice inside.

Since I had such good luck with the fence boards on the addition in back, I thought I'd try it on the mudroom.


It looks good and will last a long time.  I have run a board along the bottom, above the ground to attach the lower ends to avoid warping.


Here it is on the other side.  It adds a nice finished look to the structure.

I'm still working on the front porch and trim paint above.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you are doing with your house. Those fence boards look so nice and add character regular skirting doesn't. I found fence boards and used them to enclose the bottom of a shed built on a hill, it made a world of difference.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts