Thursday, April 17, 2014

Times a 'changing


Greetings blog peeps!  Spring is in full gear for most of us in the northern hemisphere, buds are popping, flowers are blooming and color is returning!!

I have been thinking about changing the name of this blog.  I think "New Pioneer" has served its purpose and it's time for a new name.  The theme will stay the same, we like talking about old mobiles and building and yard projects.  

As I look around me I am always being reminded how totally immersed I am in the Pacific Northwest, surrounded by tall pines and an abundance of huckleberries, salal, and Oregon grape.  Even my street name is called salal!  But mostly I see huckleberries, everywhere.  It's a huge food source for many of my birds here.  

I am thinking about Huckleberry Hollow.  It just feels so right.  I'm tucked back into the forest with a section of land carved out of the hillside.  The hill is covered with huckleberries!!  

So this is my first "warning" post of sorts, to let you know it's coming.  I'll be changing the blog name but you should still get my posts via whatever avenue you now get them.  I'll make another announcement again soon and on Google Plus.

This is going to be a great new start for the New Pioneer!  Forging ahead, creating new projects and carving out our place on the net!!

4 comments:

  1. Fun name, Jeni! It's got a friendlier sound to it than the current name--I love it! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! You're my best critique, so I am glad you like it!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! That will be perfect! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts