Monday, July 18, 2011

Patchwork Pants

This project took the whole day and was more involved than I originally thought it would be!  But, I was determined to see the creation through as I had visualized it.

I used 6 of my favorite t-shirts that were ready for the rag pile.  Coordinating the colors, I cut out the pieces that made the most use of the fabric.  The hard part was patching the pieces together within the lines of the pattern!  I sewed them first, then cut out the pattern.

In the end I had a pair of casual drawstring pants from my fave shirts!  Even the drawstring is from another pair of pants I wore out.

Upcycling is as much fun as it is environmentally friendly.

1 comment:

  1. I like the funky combination of patterns and colours - well done! Good to know what is possible to do with pile of shirts...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.