Friday, August 23, 2024

Updating the Wood Stove Wall

 

Before

It began as it always does I suppose, with me looking at the wall with funky old shelves and wondering what I could do to enhance it. 




This would also entail removing a lot of old tiles that had been glued on to the fire-board backing.  Omg, I had no idea how difficult those would be to remove!  Some of them only came off with several blows from a large rubber mallet.
The shelves were much easier to remove.


I'd seen some cool finishes using the galvanized panels often used for roofing.  I don't have a truck anymore either but luckily I found three foot pieces at Home Depot! 

After

I am very pleased with the end result of this task, but it wasn't easy. 

In my next post I moved on to updating that ugly door on the wood stove too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts