Friday, June 9, 2023

Old End Tables Renewed

 


 I was gifted a couple of old end tables which looked pitiful but I could see the potential in them.  They're well built and sound with real rolling drawers.  I knew these could be useful but definitely in another color.


Here they are ready for paint.

My goal was to recreate the same look I have with my home built kitchen center table, a faux white-wash effect.

The first step, however, was to get a good solid base coat of flat white.


Two coats was necessary.

Next was the flat grey.

Notice I have not painted it solid grey, I left white streaks, this helps create the final effect.

Next was the "wash" of flat white.  This takes almost an artistic eye as it's all free hand.

This took two coats in the end as I had to let it dry after the first coat to see how I liked it.  I decided it needed a bit more white, and this is the end result.

I spray painted the knobs separately with a matte white and then a clear coat gloss.
I also used the clear coat spray on just the tops of the tables to guard against scuffs.  

So here they are in place.  My version of a side board table of sorts.  Drawers facing out on either end.

So the journey was worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts