Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Restructuring


I began the new siding / skirting project in the Spring of 2016, juggled other outdoor projects and then added the skirting / cedar siding under the mudroom.  I could only get half way through that too, as the front porch needed dry rot boards replaced as well as leveling.

By the end of August I completed what is pictured above.  I had help with the leveling but replaced the deck boards myself and added the skirting boards.  Later I added the new gravel and began work on the landscaping.

 The top boards are now replaced (and safe!) and level.


The cedar siding / skirting looks good on this old structure, adding airflow underneath.



It's simple, it's safe and was extremely affordable.

Next Spring I can work on the surrounding landscaping to bring back that charm it had in earlier days.



2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! The color, the brilliant idea of adding a mudroom (vital here in upstate New York), and especially the Dutch door! Did you make the door out of a standard door, or were you lucky enough to find one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin! Thanks for keeping in touch. Yep, I made the top part of the door and the bottom was from another home-made door, the concept works well for air and cuteness.
      Let me know how you're doing on your place.

      Delete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.