Sunday, October 30, 2016

Age VS Maturity

I was thinking recently about the differences between people's chronological age and their maturity level (not that that can really be measured).  But let's say we're having a conversation with a 65 year old who comes across more like a 40 year old.  Or a 35 year old person who seems more like a 70 year old.

These are rash generalizations, but you get my point.  I just wonder if we are putting too much emphasis on our chronological ages, pigeon-holing people into categories that they may not fit into just by virtue of some statistics.

I have a wide range of friends in all age groups, they are all different!  My friends in the same age groups are not all the same.  Some are healthier, some seem "older".

Anyway, maybe someday we'll have to give driver's licenses to a deserving class, or alcohol to a smaller group and voting rights to more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts