Saturday, August 10, 2013

Vintage Bike to Yard Art


We've all seen this done with old bikes, converting them to fabulous yard art.  The trick is in finding one in tact.  Luckily for me, I already had this one.  It was originally blue and white, and actually worked.  I know, some of you are cringing at the thought of disabling a working bike.  But seriously, it wouldn't work where I live, too many hills.

I had it parked for yard art for a couple of years, moving it from time to time.  I never quite got the right place.  But what was really happening was that it needed new color!  
I saw a great photo of a bright yellowish orange bike online, with a front basket full of orange daisies, wow, I thought, stunning!

So I got the only yellow spray paint WalMart had that week and wala - here is my bike to yard art make over.  
Next spring it gets flowers in the basket.

4 comments:

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts