Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pileated Woodpecker


 

I see these majestic birds from time to time here.  They are quite agile and fast for a bird their size, darting in and out of the trees, they look like a space ship or some other animated creature!

This Pileated Woodpecker has been a frequent visitor to the many dead trees and stumps around my place this summer.  I finally got a chance to get a few photos of him, but he moves so quickly it is hard to focus on him.


Then he's off again.

I was fortunate enough to get a very brief  (only 14 seconds!) video of him in this area of my yard.  The photos of him on the trees were too blurry as the point and shoot couldn't keep up with his quick moving head and body.

So here's the video:


Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bird. We get very large woodpeckers in our yard too, but they are more brown than black. Fun to get some shots of such a majestic bird! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts