Sunday, December 4, 2011

Outta My Tree

(imported from my former photo blog)
Oh the things that obsess the creative mind. 
I took the camera out recently to experiment with the settings.  (I have had it for years and am still figuring it out!).  I had some good challenges for color this day.  I shot the fall leaves, blue sky, white clouds and reflecting water.  After about 86 frames I was burned out.  But, I got some interesting perspectives.









These are totally organic, no post processing or tweaking.  I did however use all manual settings, color, black and white, and some for vivid color. 
I'm trying to learn how to think "digital".  I'm such an old school film buff, still living in the dark ages I guess.
Next experiment is with infrared.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving your blog! I'm so glad I found it today! :-) I've only been taking photos for the last 10 months, and I'm seriously in the learning phase. I love the shots you've shown here. The vivid color one is my favorite, but the other perspectives are amazing too! I love seeing them all together this way--it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! Experimenting is endless with our cameras, and recording our findings is really the best way to learn.
    Cameras seem so technical and left-brain, so it's a stretch for me even after all these years.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts