Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Journal Therapy

Clarity, direction, purpose, seem more important now than they ever have been.  Making decisions, completing important tasks, communicating effectively, are all part of our daily life.
It's important to feel as though you are making a difference and fulfilling your dreams.

This is why I journal.  I write about my day, my feelings, my desires, my mistakes.  Here is where I can be completely honest about anything.  No one else will read these words, it is a safe place for me to express myself.

I believe there is great therapeutic value in keeping a journal.  I have been doing it steadily for about 6 years.  My life was falling apart around me and I needed a safe place to express myself.  My journal welcomed me with a vow of silence, never to repeat my innermost feelings.

This is sanity maintenance, something you can do whenever you have the free time, somewhere safe you can go to express yourself.
I have found all my answers through journaling.  It's meditative.  I can work out issues, document events, and get a different perspective.  I can solve problems, record dreams, make plans.

I like structure so I write every morning about the previous day.  Once a year, usually on the winter solstice, I read back over the previous year's entries.  You can gain valuable insight into yourself with this practice!  I have discovered behavioral patterns and even seasonal ones.

There are many types of journals, and you will know what works best for you.  More ideas on this subject can be found at www.journalforyou.com .

As always, I am interested in your feedback!  What have been your journal experiences?  How has it helped you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Links to your blog welcome. Spam links will be deleted.

Most Popular Posts